Monday, March 12, 2018

Celebrating Rocker Girls

Happy Monday! Today truly is a happy Monday, as I am enjoying my first day of March Break. It is sooo nice to be home and working away in my studio. I have LOTS to do to prepare for my upcoming retreat next weekend, not to mention planning for upcoming classes and team events.

Today, I wanted to send a gentle reminder that Sale-a-bration is ending soon! There's not much time left to earn all of those fabulous freebies! Check out this cute project I made using the Epic Celebrations and Amazing You stamp sets...

I really wanted to create a card for a tween/teen girl. As a girl who plays the guitar, I got tired of seeing so many masculine cards using this set and decided it was high time for a fun girlie card. I went with lots of bling and pops of pink. I used some Petal Passion DSP for the background and then added a bit of Myths and Magic Washi tape. I punched the Melon Mambo card stock strip with the Triple Banner punch and then stamped the sentiment from the Epic Celebrations set in Basic Black, aslo adding some texture with the spatter image in Melon Mambo ink.

I stamped the guitar in Basic Black ink, stamped off once for a pale gray shade. The Celebrate image is from the Amazing You stamp set (which is also a soon-to-disappear-forever SAB freebie) and is stamped in Melon Mambo ink. I die-cut the work YOU using the Celebrate You Thinlits (another SAB freebie!) from Basic Black card stock and brushed it with Wink of Stella for gorgeous shimmer. I layered the stamped circle on Basic Black and silver glimmer circles, all cut with the Layering Circles Framelits.

On the inside I added a Whisper White card stock layer on which I stamped the guitar in stamped-off Basic Black as well as the spatter in stamped-off Melon Mambo. The sentiment, also from the Epic Celebrations set, is in full-strength Basic Black ink.

I have to say that the Epic Celebrations and Amazing You stamp sets are likely my most-used SAB sets this year...they are just awesome! If you haven't gotten your hand on them yet, what are you waiting for?!? Time is running out!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...