Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Musical Joy

If you've been following my blog for a while you likely know that I am a high school music teacher by day and a Stampin' Up! demonstrator by night (sometimes veerrryy late night (: ). When I first saw the Musical Season bundle in the Holiday Catalogue it shot right to the top of my must-have list. While not all of us are musicians, I'm here to tell you we all NEED this bundle! Check out this card I designed for my upcoming Bundle of the Month class...

How classic is that look?? I love the French Horn die-cut against the plaid DSP...it makes me happy! This card is actually pretty quick to put together because there is minimal stamping involved. The Whisper White background panel is embossed using the Holly TIEF. I layered a strip of plaid DSP form the Christmas Around the World pack and then added some die-cut pine boughs cut from Old Olive card stock using the Christmas Staircase Thinlits. The letters are die-cut using the Large Letters Framelits. I cut two sets; one from gold foil and one from Cherry Cobbler card stock and then layered them, offsetting them slightly. I brushed the Cherry Cobbler letters with clear Wink of Stella for pretty sparkle.



The French Horn is die-cut from gold foil card stock using the Musical Instruments Framelits. I added some detail to the bell of the horn using the border stamp from the Musical Season stamp set, heat embossing it in gold. I layered the card front on a Basic Black mat and then mounted it on a Cherry Cobbler card base. The only embellisment on this card is some 1/4" gold metallic ribbon.


On the inside I kept it simple, adding a Whisper White panel and stamping the sentiment from the Musical Season stamp set in Basic Black ink.

I am soooo loving this bundle...I just wish I had more time to play with it! Stay tuned....

I am getting ready to head to Salt Lake City for OnStage, our Stampin' Up convention and training event. We'll be getting copies of the upcoming Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-bration brochures AND we'll get our hands on lots of brand-new products! I can't wait!  Be sure to check back over the next week for sneak peeks!

Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

8 comments:

  1. Love this card and your use of the French horn. Have fun in Salt Lake City. Can't wait to see what's you share from the new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan...will have to wait till I get through my Christmas projects for sneak peeks from Salt Lake...though it was a fabulous trip!

      Delete
  2. Everything about this card is perfect! The plaid, the die cut greens, and of course the beautiful die cut sentiment with the beautiful french horn. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection! Simple but ever so elegant. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was fun to make and satisfies my musical soul ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...