Sunday, November 5, 2017

Blended Celebration for Sunday Stamps

Happy Sunday! I hope you're enjoying your weekend and the extra hour of sleep last night! Today marks the start of a new colour challenge over at Sunday Stamps...check it out:




Here is my take on it:

I have to admit, it was really nice to take a break from design Christmas cards to make this pretty birthday card with one of my favourite colour combinations: Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie. I began by stamping the flower image from the new Colour Me Happy stamp set using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I used the medium and dark shades from my old Blendabilities (yes, they STILL work!) and the dark shade of the new Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends to colour my images. I used the Color Lifter to add highlights in spots. Then I added Wink of Stella to each flower for some sparkle.

I layered the stamped panel on a slightly larger piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock and added the sentiment, which is also stamped in Tuexdeo Black ink. The card base is Basic Black card stock on which I stamped the flower image again, this time using Versamark ink. I heat embossed the images with clear embossing powder and then filled in each flower with Wink of Stella. The result is a whole lot of sparkly goodness!

The only embellishments I used were some Black Vintage Crochet Trim, a bit of retired baker's twine and some black rhinestones.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped another sentiment from the Color Me Happy stamp set as well as more flowers using Basic Black ink.

If you're like me and tired of designing Christmas projects, give this colour challenge a try...you'll be glad you did! Be sure to share with us over at Sunday Stamps so we can admire you work!

Have a super Sunday!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00

1 comment:

  1. this is super cute, luvin the flowers! hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...