Monday, June 12, 2017

Coffee Helps Life Happen

How's that for a Monday morning blog post title? It is especially true as I drag myself out of bed for the second-to-last Monday of classes. Just 8 more days to go till exams...but who's counting!

Today's project is one I designed for my Suite of the Month class this month, which features the Coffee Break Suite. These products speak to my soul...

I had a little fun with the sentiment on this one. It is supposed to read "Life happens, coffee helps" but I think this is much more accurate for me some mornings. Without my coffee life definitely wouldn't be happening! I used lots of the Coffee Break DSP on this one, both for the background panel, the horizontal strip and the label behind the coffee cups. This paper pack not only has great coffee-themed patterns, but is also great for masculine cards. I love this herringbone pattern in Soft Sky!

I used both stamping and die-cutting to create my coffee cups using the Coffee Cafe stamp set and coordinating Coffee Cups Framelits. The stamped cup is done in Soft Suede with the whipped cream stamped in Crumb Cake. I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede as well and then cut it up with my paper snips.

The die-cut cup is cut from Crumb Cake card stock, with the lid cut from Early Espresso. The only embellishment on this one is one of the Hearts & Stars wooden elements for just a touch of texture.

On the inside I stamped another cup in Soft Suede and added a sentiment label in Pear Pizzazz. I love the way this one turned out...stay tuned for more from this suite later this week! In the meantime, may your coffee be strong, the drive-thru line-up be short and your Monday be marvelous!

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...