Wednesday, May 31, 2017

One more sleep...

...till the new catalogue goes live!! It's like Christmas...I can barely contain myself! Before I show you today's countdown project, a couple of reminders...

1) Today is the LAST DAY to order from the 2016/17 Annual Catalogue and the 2017 Occasions Catalogue. All retiring items will be gone for good as of 11:59 pm this evening. Don't miss out on those last few items from your wishlist and live to regret it!

2) While the new catalogue does go live tomorrow (June 1st,) ordering will be unavailable from midnight until 12 noon MT (that's 2:00 pm ET). Try to contain your enthusiasm and be patient while the IT gurus at Stampin' Up transition to the new catalogue. Also keep in mind that demand is likely to be a wee bit high in the first few hours of the release, so the website may be a teensy bit sluggish ;)

Ok...now for today's project...

There are so many awesome new products on this card it is hard to know where to start! The background DSP is from the new Wood Textures DSP stack and it is FABULOUS! Tons of different woodgrain patterns to choose from! Here I went with a worn, distressed painted wood pattern. LOVE IT! The DSP behind the die-cut sentiment is from the Delightful Daisy pack...so soft and pretty! I die-cut a circle from the DSP using the Layering Circles framelits and also used the same dies to cut the scalloped copper circle behind it. The die-cut sentiment is from the new Lovely Words Thinlits. I cut it from copper foil as well.

The die-cut branch and flowers are cut using the new Seasonal Layers Thinlits. I think these may well be my favourite new dies. There are a ton of images (more than 30!) in the set and they may be used for every season. I cut the branch from Crumb Cake card stock and the blossoms from Whisper White that I had lightly sponged with Calypso Coral ink. The stamped sentiment is from the new Wood Words stamp set. I stamped it in Crumb Cake on card stock of the same shade and trimmed it with the Classic Label punch. Now, let me say a word about that awesome coppery texture behind the focal image. That is the new Copper Trim and all I can say is WOW!! It is soooo cool! You can pull and stretch it, as I did here, and if you don't like the way it looks pull it back into its original shape. I am going to have some fun with this stuff...you will too, I promise!

On the inside of the card I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped a sentiment from the Label Me Pretty stamp set in Crumb Cake ink. I added one more die-cut blossom for a little pop of colour.

As I said, there are a TON of new products on this project. In case you missed a few, they are all in the supply list below. You'll want to take note and add them to your Wishlist for sure!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

2 comments:

  1. Love your card! Would you mind my CASING it so long as I give you credit? Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, CASE away Linda. My goal in post on this blog is to provide inspiration for others...thanks for letting me know you found my project inspiring!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...