Sunday, May 21, 2017

Eastern Thanks for Sunday Stamps

Happy Sunday...and if you're in Canada, happy LONG WEEKEND!! This marks the unofficial start of summer for Canucks and though the weather isn't exactly perfect (it's raining as I type this!) there is a promise of warm summer days to come.
Today marks the start of a new colour challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Check it out:


This challenge is the PERFECT  way to showcase two of the new In-Colours from the upcoming 2017/18 Annual Catalogue, which is what I did on my project:

Isn't that bold citrus just fabulous? It is called Lemon Lime Twist and is my new favourite colour. It pairs perfectly with just about anything for a fun pop of sassy colour. Here I used it with Bermuda Bay and Tranquil Tide (another new In-Colour!).  I really wanted to showcase the colours so I added bold strips of card stock to my project. I embossed the strips using the new Oh My Stars TIEF, which will also be available on June 1st in the upcoming catalogue.

I used the Eastern Beauty stamp set to create a bold stamped pattern to fill in the remaining white space on my card front. I created the focal image by die-cutting a medallion from gold foil card stock using the Eastern Medallions Thinlits. I added the stamped sentiment, which I die-cut using the Layering Circles Framelits, as well as a Lemon Lime Twist card stock mat behind it.

I glammed up my project with some gold 1/8" metallic ribbon and a gold tassel.

On the inside I stamped more of the same images I used on the front using Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay and Tranquil Tide inks. LOVE this fresh colour combo!

Why not give this combo a try on a project of your own? When you do be sure to share it with us at Sunday Stamps. In the meantime, have a super Sunday!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

2 comments:

  1. Great used of the color combo teamie
    and love the gold element and tassel there
    what a wonderful and inspiring card
    see you soon on my DT csrd my friend always currious what my DT friend tell about my card
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of colors and the circles. Very cute card. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...