Monday, December 12, 2016

Memory-keeping Monday: Hello December

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Here we were all about preparations for Christmas. Lots of shopping on Saturday and then baking up a storm Saturday evening and all afternoon on Sunday. The house smells wonderful! So many special memories made this weekend that I can't wait to preserve. I thought some of you might be feeling the same, so I've decided to begin a new weekly feature called Memory-keeping Monday. Each week I will showcase some page layouts I have created using Project Life by Stampin' Up! products. For the next few weeks I'll be highlighting the Hello December 2016 card kit and Accessory Pack from the Holiday Catalogue with some ideas for ways to preserve your family's special holiday memories.

Yep...I'm a little behind! These photos are SIX years old! But I am so excited to finally make progress on preserving them for my family, thanks to Project Life by Stampin' Up. These pictures of my son and his cousin pretending to play our trumpet tree ornaments are hilarious and bring back so many sweet memories. I used two 4"x 6" cards in the upper left and lower right pockets. The title card in the upper left was created by cutting a 3"x 4" card down to 3" x 3"  and then matting it on some Real Red card stock. I added some Candy Cane Lane baker's twine and little holly leaves punched with the Holly Builder punch to finish the look. On the journaling card in the lower right corner I trimmed the December banner from one of the 3" x 4" cards in the kit and added a bit of Candy Cane Lane baker's twine and some of the red foil stickers included in the Accessory kit. To create the wreath card in the middle I simply used a 4" x 4" piece of Real Red card stock, which I embossed using the Softly Falling TIEF. I added a wreath cut from Emerald Envy card stock using the Swirly Scribbles thinlits. I finished the wreath with some 1/8" silver metallic ribbon and some silver enamel dots, which are included in the accessory kit.
Now, you'll notice that I have matted all of my photos. That is out of necessity, as I used my Canon Selphy 910 printer to print them, which doesn't print true 4" x 6" prints. They are slightly smaller, which makes them slide out of the pockets quite easily. To solve that problem I trimmed the photos down further and matted them on 4" x 6" pieces of Real Red card stock.


On this double layout I once again used several cards from the Hello December kit, including the title card on the left. I simply added some of the little wooden trees and some silver enamel stars from the Accessory kit and added a little clip to keep it from sliding out of the pocket. The shaker card on the left was created using the Peaceful Pines stamp set and coordinating Perfect Pines framelits and the December 25 card was done by die-cutting the wreath from one of the 3"x 4" cards using the Layering Circles framelits, matting it on a slightly larger Real Red circle and then adding a fussy-cut banner and red foil number stickers from the Accessory kit.
The title card on the right hand page began with a 4" x 6" piece of Presents and Pinecones DSP, which just happens to coordinate PERFECTLY with the Hello December card kit! I added a 3"x 4" title card and a little die-cut bow. The journalling card was a 4" x 6" card which I cut down to fit into the 4" x 4" pocket and added a sentiment I trimmed from another 3" x 4" journalling card. The card at the top was just a 4" x 4" piece of Real Red card stock which I embossed using the Cable Knit TIEF. I then added one of the 2" x 2" cards that came in the Accessory Kit, which I matted with Real Red and silver foil card stock.

It's hard to believe, looking at these pictures, that they were taken SIX years ago! I am so glad that I am finally able to get them off my hard drive and into an album for all of us to enjoy. My son (who is now almost 10!) had never seen them before...yikes! If you are like me and waaayyy behind on your memory keeping, consider giving Project Life by Stampin' Up! a try. It is a great, easy way to get caught up in a hurry. Even better? The Hello December 2016 card kit and accessory kit are both on sale during the Year End Closeouts sale...score!

Have a fabulous week!

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...