Sunday, December 4, 2016

Joy to the World

Happy Sunday! Can you believe that three weeks from today is Christmas day?? I am soooo not ready! I need time to slow down a little...just for a day or two!
Today marks the start of a new colour challenge over at Sunday Stamps. It is one that simply begs to be used on a Christmas card...




Here is my festive take on it:

I pulled out my poor neglected Festive Flower punch and some Real Red card stock and got busy. I stamped each of the punched petals using the Reason for the Season stamp set and then began assembling my poinsettia. Once I had it all put together I added some festive sparkle with the clear Wink of Stella.

How did I ever craft without that magical glitter brush?? I assembled my card front on a piece of sheet music-printed DSP from the This Christmas specialty pack. Being a musician, I have used a TON of that stuff this year! I layered the DSP on a slightly larger Real Red card stock panel and mounted that on a Kraft card stock base. See that copper-coloured doily in the background? That's one of the gold metallic doilies that I heat embossed using copper embossing powder....love the way it turned out!

The sentiment is from the Tin of Tags stamp set. I heat embossed it in copper and die-cut it using the new Stitched Shapes framelits. I love that simple detail that adds so much. The finishing touch on my poinsettia was some pearls that I coloured with a copper sharpie...easy peasy.


On the inside I added a Very Vanilla card stock panel on which I stamped some of the pine sprigs in Garden Green ink and the sentiment from the Reason for the Season stamp set in Real Red.

This colour challenge is most certainly festive...why not give it a try as you are working on your holiday projects and then be sure to share it with us over at Sunday Stamps. Have a super Sunday!

 Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

4 comments:

  1. Love this card. Sheet music *always* goes with a holiday card, and your poinsettia is so festive! (Can't believe you caught the elusive Wink of Stella sparkle in a picture!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leena, this is gorgeous! That poinsettia is so pretty! All those layers are beautiful! Have a great week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi leena! this is adorable, the poinsettia is gorgeous! have a great rest of the week and weekend!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Leena! Love that poinsettia and all its sparkle. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...