Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Poinsettia Joy

Can you believe it's almost the end of November?? Christmas is less than FOUR WEEKS away! Have you started your shopping yet? Were you in the crowds on Black Friday? I did some shopping online, but still have a looooong way to go. Yikes!
One thing I am on top of are my Christmas cards. Thanks to the many, many classes I've held this fall I am set for cards to send not only to family and friends but also to each of my customers. Now I just need to get them written and in the mail!
Here is one from a recent card buffet...

I began with a piece of Peace This Christmas DSP, which I matted on a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock. The poinsettia image is from the Reason for the Season stamp set and is stamped on the sheet music-patterned DSP, which is also from the Peace This Christmas DSP pack. I used Cherry Cobbler for the petals, Garden Green for the leaves and then heat embossed the outline image in gold. I added a bit of gold shimmer with some spatters from the gold Wink of Stella.

I layered the stamped DSP on a scalloped square, die-cut using the Layering Squares framelits from Cherry Cobbler card stock. The sentiment banner, from the Stitched With Cheer stamp set, is also heat embossed in gold on Very Vanilla card stock and then die-cut using the Bunch of Banners framelits.I accented the banner with a piece of a gold metallic doily and some Garden Green pine branches, die-cut using the Pretty Pines thinlits.

The entire card is built on a Crumb Cake card stock base. The only embellishement on this one is some gold twine, but I think it is just enough for this vintage-looking card.

On the inside I addeed a Very Vanilla panel on which I stamped the sentiment from the Reason for the Season stamp set in Crumb Cake ink. I added another poinsettia, but this time simply stamped the outline in Crumb Cake ink, rather than heat embossing it.

Have a terrific Tuesday!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...