Friday, September 9, 2016

I Love You {Friday} A Bushel and a Peck!

T.G.I.F!!! I have never been happier to see the end of the week. This week at school has been torturous with the oppressive heat and humidity we've been experiencing. So I am REALLY loving Friday right now. How much, you ask? Well...

How cute is that little scarecrow from the Cookie Cutter Halloween set? I know I've featured him before, but come on, he is ADORBS! I wanted him to have all the attention on this card, so I kept the design simple. I began by stamping the Hardwood background on a piece of Sahara Sand card stock using Whisper White craft ink. I love the white-washed wood look of it. The circle elements is die-cut from Petals and Paisleys DSP using the Layering Circles Framelits. The little scarecrow is stamped in Basic Black ink on Sahara Sand card stock and then coloured using Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Island Indigo, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red Stampin' Write Markers.

I punched the coloured scarecrow out with the coordination Cookie Cutter punch. I added a 1/4" strip of Early Espresso card stock for my scarecrow to perch on and then adhered it to the card using dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso ink using the Labeler Alphabet stamp set. I love how forgiving that set is...I didnt' even have to stamp the letters straight or worry about spacing them exactly! I fussy cut each word with my paper snips and adhered them to the card. By way of embellishment, I used some 5/8" Burlap Ribbon, a bit of linen thread and some Brights Sequins.

On the inside, I added a Very Vanilla card stock panel on which I stamped another little scarecrow in Early Espresso ink. So stinkin' cute!!

Before I go, I wanted to remind you all that new Special Offers started yesterday. Check out these deals...


Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...