Tuesday, September 6, 2016

First Day

Well, my life just got a whole lot busier. School starts today and I am right back to the craziness. Here's hoping for a good year!
My son starts grade four this year...not sure how that happened! Here is a shot from his back-to-school photo shoot:


Every year I make a card to tuck in his backpack on the first day because, being a teacher, I can't be there to see him off. (I think that is one of the hardest things about this job...missing out on important stuff with my own kid!) Last night before he went to bed he asked if I had made him a card...I told him he'd just have to wait and see ;)

Now, it isn't often that I share a project that uses so much retired product, but there are some projects that require tried-and-true favourites. I used DSP from the School House pack from last year's catalogue for the background panels. That stuff is going to be hoarded safely stored away for years to come! I added the die-cut sentiments with the Hello You Thinlits cut from Real Red and Pacific Point card stock. The stamped sentiment is from the LONG-retired First Day stamp set...that's another one that won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

The die-cut number four is done with the Large Numbers Framelits. I added a mini paper clip from my stash and some Real Red Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine from the Holiday catty.


The inside features more retired stamps. I used the Words of Truth stamp set for the sentiments and the A+ image at the bottom is from the First Day set. I know my boy will love his card...he is my biggest fan!

Don't forget to check out the new Special Offers...Week Two starts today!

Have a terrific Tuesday.


Product List
Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper
Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper
[138187]
$13.75
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00
Basics Hodgepodge Clips
Basics Hodgepodge Clips
[133765]
$8.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...