Monday, August 22, 2016

Watercolour Flourish

Happy Monday! It is a crisp, coolish morning here! A welcome relief from all the heat and humidity we've had this summer, but a little bit too much like fall for my liking. I'm not ready to admit that summer's almost over :(
Today I have a decidedly summery card for you. It is one I designed for my Flourishing Phrases class this evening...

I love the simplicity of this project. I began with a simple water colour wash using Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo and Watermelon Wonder inks. I actually did the wash on two different pieces of watercolour paper so that I would have one for my background and one from which to die-cut my flowers. Once they were dry, I die-cut two smaller flowers and one large flower using the Flouish Thinlits. I adhered the flowers to my second watercoloured piece using the Fine Tip Glue Pen and then matted it on a slightly larger piece of Watermelon Wonder card stock. I adhered that to a base of thick Whisper White card stock.

To add a bit of texture, I flicked the gold Wink of Stella brush all over the front of the card...I love the subtle shimmer that creates. The sentiment is from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set and is stamped in Watermelon Wonder ink. I added a bit of gold metallic thread and a little gold foil banner behind the sentiment to highlight it. The only embellishments on this card  are two little rhinestones in the centre of the die-cut flowers.

On the inside, I stamped the flower image from the Flouishing Phrases set, ink the stamp first with Peekaboo Peach ink, then daubing on Flirty Flamingo and Watermelon Wonder for an ombre effect.

The Flourishing Phraseset stamp set and Flourish Thinlits work beautifully together AND they're available in at a discount when you buy both together. Oh...and the work PERFECTLY with a brand-new bundle from the upcoming Holiday Catalogue. More on that later this week ;)

Have a marvelous Monday!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...