Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A Golden Anniversary

This past Saturday my parents celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary. FIFTY YEARS of wedded bliss! That just boggles my mind! While we aren't having their big party until this weekend, I thought I would show you the card I made for them, which we also just happen to be making at my Floral Bouquet Suite class this week.

I sort of CASE'd the catalogue for this one, but added the belly band. In order for this fold to work, you need to start with a 4-1/4" x 12" piece of card stock. Score the 12" length at 3-1/4" from either end.That way the finished card ends up being 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".  I ran each flap through the Big Shot with the Detailed Floral Thinlits.

I glued a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Floral Boutique DSP to the larger flap to give it some stability and to cover the message on the inside of the card. Here is what the inside looks like.

On the inside I stamped a sentiment from the Floral Phrases stamp set in Night of Navy ink and added a heat embossed golden congratulations from the Timeless Love set.

The belly band is just a 1-1/4" x 12" piece of Night of Navy card stock that I wrapped around the card and secured with Fast Fuse. I added some 5/8" gold Satin Ribbon for some shimmer. The floral image is from the Floral Phrases set and the sentiment is from the Timeless Love set. I die cut both the Whisper White scalloped circle and the gold foil circle behind it using the Layering Circles Framelits.

I hope this project will be a fitting tribute to an amazing couple AND a hit at my class. Gotta love when a project does double duty!

Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...