Sunday, July 24, 2016

12 Days of Christmas in July Day 4

Happy Sunday...I hope today finds you feeling blessed. The heat wave continues, both here in Manassas and at home in Cambridge. I'll be making the long trek home today, so please say a quick prayer for travelling mercies for me! While I'm on the road I have another Christmas project to share with you...

This one is a shaker card! How fun would it be to receive this in the mail this December? I used the Wondrous Wreath stamp set with Cucumber Crush and Garden Green ink. I think that may just be one of my favourite new combinations...they work beautifully together. I used the Wonderful Wreath framelits to cut out the centre of the wreath to create my window for the shaker. I used a little square of Fabulous Foil acetate to cover the window, rimmed it with Foam Adhesive strips, dropped in some gold, silver and green sequins and then sealed the window with a small piece of Whisper White card stock. Those adhesive strips make creating shaker cards a breeze!

The stamped sentiment is from the Holly Jolly Greetings set and is stamped in Garden Green ink. I added the die-cut Joy using Gold foil sheets and the Wonderful Wreath Framelits.  The only embellishments on this one are the little bow, made with 1/4" gold natural trim, and a little gold metallic enamel star. The card is built on a Real Red card base.


On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped the wreath again using the same combination of inks and added the sentiment from the Wondrous Wreath set, stamped in Cucumber Crush ink.

Have a blessed Sunday...and stay cool!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...