Thursday, March 17, 2016

Necessity is the Mother of Invention...

...or so they say. It certainly was true for me yesterday! I was prepping for a class when I realized I was out of silver Glimmer Paper. Since it was a crucial element in one of the projects, I had to get creative. The result? Check out this quick video and see what I came up with...SO excited!



Want to see the project I was prepping that required the silver sparkle? Check this out:

Birthday card featuring the Hello You Thinlits and the Crazy About You and Kinda Eclectic stamp sets.
 This was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest and I love it! I began by embossing the starburst image using clear embossing powder on a piece of Whisper White card stock. Then I sponged Tempting Turquoise ink over it to make the embossed image pop. I added some balloons punched from red foil sheets (although it looks black in the photos!) and Neutrals DSP using the Balloon Bouquet punch.



The die-cut sentiment was done using silver Glimmer Paper and the Hello You Thinlits. The word birthday, from the Crazy About You stamp set is stamped in Real Red ink. The only embellishement I added were a few sequins from the Metallics Assortment. The front panel is matted on a piece of Neutrals DSP and then mounted on a thick Whisper White card base.

Inside view with sentiment from Party With Cake
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Party With Cake set in Real Red ink. The string for the balloon is from the Balloon Celebration stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black ink. I added another DSP balloon to finish it off.

I hope you find my little DIY Glimmer Paper trick helpful...it sure saved my bacon today! If you did, be sure to share it :)


I almost forgot! Happy St. Patrick's Day to my Irish friends...I hope you have a wonderful day of celebration!



Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$37.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...