Saturday, February 13, 2016

My Valentine

Happy Saturday! I hope you are enjoying the weekend. I don't normally post on Saturdays, but I wanted to show you one last Valentine's project, just in case you are looking for some last minute inspiration.  This is one we made at my Love Blossoms Suite class last week:

Valentine's card featuring the Bloomin' Love stamp set and Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit
I wanted to create a card that was a little more on the masculine side, as all of the other projects we made were pretty and pink and girlie. I kept my colour scheme neutral, going with Crumb Cake, Whisper White and gold. I began with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock, over which I layered a same-sized piece of gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum. The trick is to apply the adhesive behind the little gold hearts so it is not visible through the vellum. I die-cut a label, using the Lots of Labels Framelits, from the Love Blossoms DSP stack. The gold foil heart is from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit. I stamped a sentiment fromt the Bloomin' Love stamp set using white Staz On ink. Then it was time to embellish!


I used some gold 5/8" stain ribbon, some white corrugated hearts (punched and die-cut using the Sweetheart punch and the (retired) Hearts Collection Framelits), some little wooden hearts and a few white and gold sequins, both from the Love Blossoms Embellishment kit. I love all the little details these embellishments add!

On the inside, I stamped the banner from the Bloomin' Love stamp set in Crumb Cake ink and then heat embossed the sentiment in gold. I used the Large Numbers Framelits to die-cut the banner and popped it up using dimensionals. I added a few little gold foil hearts punched with the Confetti Hearts punch.

This card was definitely a hit with my class participants and might just find it's way into the hands of one of my boys tomorrow!  Have a super Saturday...be sure to stop by tomorrow for a new sketch challenge from Sunday Stamps!

Here are all of the supplies used to create this project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...