Sunday, December 6, 2015

Peace on Earth

Happy Sunday!  I hope you are having a good weekend...it's hard to believe there are less than 3 weeks till Christmas!
Today marks the beginning of a new colour challenge over at Sunday Stamps.  I am loving the cool shades of blue and gray in this challenge.


Here is my project for the Design Team:


Holiday card featuring the Dove of Peace and Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set.
With all that has been going on in the world the past few weeks, this card seems somehow even more appropriate.  I absolutely love the dove image in the Dove of Peace set. Here I heat embossed it in silver on Whisper White card stock and then coloured the patterns using Pool Party and Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write markers. I fussy cut the dove, added a swirl of silver metallic thread and adhered it to a panel of Pool Party card stock that I had embossed using the new World Traveller TIEF (available January 5th in the Occasions Catalogue). I accented the continents of the map with a dauber and some Pool Party ink.

The stamped portion of the sentiment is done in Basic Gray Archival ink on vellum. The die-cut is from silver foil sheets using the Christmas Greetings Thinlits.  The card is built on a thick Whisper White base. The only embellishments, in addition to the aforementioned silver metallic thread, are a few small rhinestones.


On the inside, using Pool Party ink, I stamped the globe image from the new Going Global stamp set (also available January 5th) and added a sentiment from the Peaceful Pines stamp set in Basic Gray.

I always love when I find ways to use new products with ones that I already own.  This embossing folder has so many possibilities...I see lots of projects in it's future ;)

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and then give this colour challenge a try...it is a great one!  See you soon over at Sunday Stamps!

Here are all of the projects used to create this card:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

  1. hello Leena! this is beautiful, luv the script silver peace! hope you have a FAB week.

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. with so much negativity & hardship being the spot light, in the world, this card is very fitting. The ef is stunning & I love how you have used the sponge daubers.....I could go on & on!! TFS & the best of holiday wishes are going your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan. This year, more than ever, the world needs a little peace.

      Delete
  3. Hi Leena, I love your card, that embossing folder is totally to die for!! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...