Thursday, September 3, 2015

Monochromatic Fall

Whew! It is hot, hot, hot here this week! And so humid my laundry doesn't dry when I hang it on the line. I sure hope it breaks before school starts next Tuesday because my classroom is not air conditioned and the thought of being cooped up with a bunch of sweaty teenagers who are already grumpy because summer vacation is over is not exactly appealing! Pray for me people :)

Today I have a project I designed for an upcoming class that features the Vintage Leaves stamp set and coordinating Leaflets Framelits...

Thank you card featuring the Vintage Leaves stamp set with sentiment from Acorny Thank You
Have I mentioned how much I love Fall?  I don't so much love the back-to-school craziness, but I love the season itself. Normally when I design a Fall card I gravitate toward the rich oranges, reds and yellows, but for this project I decided to try a more monochromatice look. I heat embossed several leaf images from the Vitnage Leaves stamp set in gold on vellum, Tip Top Taupe and Kraft card stock and then die cut them using the Leaflets Framelits. I arranged them on a gold metallic doily, along with some gold metalic thread and adhered them to a Very Vanilla panel that I had embossed using the Woodgrain TIEF.



The striped vanilla ribbon is from the Holiday Catalogue and is gorgeously elegant. I gathered it and stapled it to the panel using the Mini Stapler. I hid the staples with some gold sequin trim and the sentiment banner, which is from the Acorny Thank You stamp set. The banner is also heat embossed in gold and die cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits. The whole card is built on a Tip Top Taupe card base.

On the inside I heat embosssed in gold more leaves and the sentiment, which is from the Lighthearted Leaves set, on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock.

I have to say, I'm kinda diggin' the monochromatic look for Fall...what do you think?

Here are the products I used to create this card. Clicking any one of the images will take you directly to my online store for easy ordering.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

7 comments:

  1. It's a great look! And the ribbon really finishes it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the monochromatic look you created. It is so elegant. Thanks for the fantastic way to use the ribbon. Working on some donation cards that idea will be used on them. Thank you! So sorry about heat and back to school brings back memories of suffering through wool skirts and 80 degree weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Rosemarie...and for the sympathy about the heat! :)

      Delete
  3. Simply stunning Leena! Love all the textures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamilla! You taught me everything I know ;)

      Delete
  4. This is a STUNNING card! How come I have never see this before on Pinterest? Where has it been hiding? So glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...