Thursday, August 13, 2015

Happy Haunting

Happy Thursday!  I hope you are having a good week.  We are getting ready to head up to my parents' place by the lake this weekend for a few days, so lots of organizing and laundry is getting done around here.   
Now, I know Halloween is still a couple of months away, but I want to share with you a project we did at my monthly team meeting this week.  It uses lots of new products from the upcoming Holiday Catalogue, so consider this yet another sneak peek ;)

Halloween card featuring the Cheer All Year stamp set and Happy Haunting DSP, both available in the 2015 Holiday Catalogue September 1st
We generally are not big Halloween people in our household.  My son likes to dress up and go trick-or-treating, but that's about the extent of our Halloween celebrations.  But I have to say, I love the Halloween products in this year's Holiday Catalogue!  I couldn't resist the new Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper...such fun patterns!  Take a close look at the orange patterned panel.  Do you see the Jack'o'Lantern faces?  So fun!  Speaking of fun, how about those spider web doilies??  So love those...and I have some ideas to use them beyond Halloween...stay tuned ;)

The stamp set I used is called Cheer All Year and is meant to be used with the new Season to Season Wreath Project Kit, but it is a fabulous stamp set all on it's own!  I has images and sentiments for Fall, Halloween and Christmas.  Here I used the bat image and Halloween sentiment.  I stamped both using the new Basic Black Archival ink...SO in love with that stuff!  Look at how perfect that bat image is!  Crisp and true black.  LOVE!! Now, I wish I could say there was an accompanying set of framelits for the images in this stamp set, but alas, I had to revive my fussy-cutting skills for the bat.  Thankfully he's a pretty easy image to cut out ;)

On the inside I used a wee bit of the Spider Web Doily that I had trimmed from the front panel and stamped the little spider in the opposite corner.  Both the spider and the little sentiment are also from the Cheer All Year stamp set.  (See...I told you it was a great set!)
So, before I list all of the currently available products I used to create this project, here are the ones you'll be able to purchase on September 1st, when the 2015 Holiday Catalogue goes live:

Cheer All Year Stamp Set (139839) pg. 6
Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper (139584) pg.47
Spider Web Doilies (139622) pg. 47
Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad (140931) pg. 19


The rest of the products I used are listed below.  Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

  1. Terrific Halloween card! I love how you put everything together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Andrea! Putting it all together is easy when Stampin' Up! makes sure it all coordinates :)

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love your card! So much so that mom and I are getting ready to make #35 of them for our card ministry. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome talent!! Love your blog :)
    Barb from Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you so much, Barb! I'm so glad you found some inspiration here. Wow! 35 of these? That's a lot of fussy-cut bats! :)

      Delete
    2. We finished and here they are on my SCS gallery, with a link to this page.
      http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2675486
      We LOVED how they turned out! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent with all of us!! And btw, Brothers Cut and Scan is the bomb!!! Cut all 35 bats out in less than 5 minutes. Works great for making mats for my punches, too.

      Delete
    3. WOWZERS...they look fabulous, Barb! I love what you did on the inside too...that little popped Boo is the bomb ;) Methinks Santa will be getting a request for a Brother Scan and Cut! Thanks again for your kind words and for the shout-out on SCS.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...