Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Glorious and Free

Happy Canada Day!  Today is the day we celebrate the best country in the world.  I am so blessed to call Canada home.  I designed a special card to celebrate...

Canada Day card featuring the Vintage Leaves stamp set with sentiment created using the Rotary Alphabet stamp.
Canada is almost synonymous with the maple leaf, in fact, for decades our national anthem was called The Maple Leaf Forever.  What better way to pay tribute to this great country than with the maple leaf image from the Vintage Leaves stamp set?  Here I stamped it in Memento Black ink and then coloured it using alcohol markers for a vivid red.  I die cut the coloured leaf using the Leaflets Framelits.  I spotlit the die-cut  leaf using gold foil card stock.  I used the Woodgrain TIEF to add texture to the Whisper White background panel before mounting it on a card base of thick Whisper White card stock.

The sentiment, taken from our national anthem, is stamped using the Rotary Alphabet stamp...a must-have for every stamper, as it allows one to create any customized sentiment.  I trimmed each word, adhering them individually and slightly crooked (yep, did it on purpose!).  The only embellishment is three little gold sequins in the lower left corner to add a little sparkle.
I hope that where ever you are celebrating Canada Day this year, whether at home or abroad, you are doing so surrounded by the love of family and friends.  Happy Birthday Canada!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...