Monday, June 29, 2015

Aahhhh...Summer vacation is finally here!

Even though you wouldn't know it, based on the cold, rainy weather we've had this weekend, I am officially on summer holidays...woohoo!!  I am so ready for a break from having my life dictated by the ringing of the school bell every day.  Time for LOTS of crafting time for little ol' me!
Today I want to show you the design I came up with for thank you cards for various departing staff members at my school. 

Here is the prototype...

Thank you card featuring the Awesomely Artistic stamp set with sentiment from One Big Meaning
I began by heat embossing the floral image from the Awesomely Artistic stamp set on a 3-3/4" x 4-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock using white embossing powder.  I sponged the entired surface with Pool Party ink and then mounted the sponged panel onto a 4" x 4-1/4" piece of (retired) Brushed Silver card stock.  The entire panel is adhered to a Smoky Slate card base that I embossed using the (retired) Perfect Polka Dots TIEF.



The sentiment, from the One Big Meaning stamp set, is heat embossed on vellum using silver embossing powder.  The butterfly is die cut from Brushed Silver card stock using the Bold Butterfly Framelits.  I added some rhinetones coloured with alcohol-based markers for a bit of sparkle on the butterfly.

Inside view with sentiment from the Wild About Flowers set
On the inside I stamped the floral image using Pool Party ink and heat embossed the sentiment from the Wild About Flowers set in silver.
Once I had a template, I decided to try the same design in different colours, simply changing the ink colour with which I did my sponging.  Check them out...

Blackberry Bliss
Daffodil Delight
Island Indigo
Melon Mambo
Watermelon Wonder
Which one is your favourite??


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Leena! Can't wait to see what you whip up this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful assortment of colours - lovely!

    Happy Summer Vacation Leena - well deserved. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy...I plan to enjoy every minute!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...