Sunday, April 12, 2015

Spring has Sprung at Sunday Stamps!

Happy Sunday...and happy spring!  The weather here is FINALLY warming up and there is a definite feeling of spring in the air.  The new colour challenge over at Sunday Stamps is perfect to welcome the new season...

Here is my Design Team project:

Thank you card featuring the Butterflies Thinlits and the Embossed Embossing technique, with sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners
I actually designed this project to do double duty!  Not only is it for this week's challenge, we also made it at my montly techniques class last week.  I used the Embossed Embossing technique to create the background.  I embossed a piece of Whisper White card stock using the Spring Flowers TIEF.  Then, after rubbing the Embossing Buddy all over it, I inked a brayer with Versamark and lightly ran it over the raised pattern.  I sprinkled it with Blushing Bride embossing powder, shook off the excess and then heated it.  I love the result!

The butterflies are die cut from Wisteria Wonder and Blushing Bride card stock using the Butterflies Thinlits.  The little vines are punched from Pear Pizzazz card stock using the Bird Builder punch.  I anchored them to the design using half of a Tea Lace doily.  The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners set and is stamped in Wisteria Wonder ink and then die cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits.  I added a Vintage Faceted button and a bit of Wisteria Wonder (retired) baker's twine.  The card front is matted on a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock and adhered to a Pear Pizzazz card base.

Inside view with sentiment from Painted Petals.
On the inside I stamped the large and small floral butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri set in Blushing Bride and Wisteria Wonder ink, respectively.  The sentiment is from the Painted Petals set and is stamped in Pear Pizzazz ink.
Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's sample projects and the new, fresh look over at Sunday Stamps.  Then give this challenge a go and play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...