Friday, April 24, 2015

Birthday Butterflies CASE

Happy Friday!!  This week has been SO long...I couldn't be happier to see it end!  My poor boy has been sick with the stomach flu again and it has been a long haul.  Looking forward to the weekend and some R & R (and time to stamp!). 
Today I have a project I CASE'd at the request of a client who asked me to design projects for her upcoming Ladies Retreat at her church.  She found this project on Pinterest and asked me to make kits for the women on her retreat to make.  The original design is by Carol Payne...I changed the colour scheme slightly to accommodate the inks my client has in her collection...

Birthday card featuring the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set with sentiment from Express Yourself (retired)
I began with a piece of Whisper White card stock on which I stamped the spatter image from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Lost Lagoon ink.  I also stamped the lines in the lower right corner using Lost Lagoon ink.  The sentiment, from the Express Yourself stamp set, is stamped in Soft Suede ink.  The stamped panel is mounted on a piece of Lost Lagoon card stock before being adhered to a Crumb Cake card base. 

The butterflies are punched from vellum using the Elegant Butterfly and the Bitty Butterfly punches.  I also layered the two larger vellum butterflies with smaller ones punched from the Moonlight DSP stack.  I added Linen Thread and some rhinestones for embellishment.

Inside view with sentiment from the Endless Birthday Wishes set.
On the inside I stamped the spatter image again using Lost Lagoon ink.  I added a couple more punched butterflies and the sentiment, from the Endless Birthday Wishes set, in Lost Lagoon ink.

In case you missed it earlier this week, the Retirement List has posted AND the online Clearance Rack was update.  Be sure to check out both this weekend for some great deals!  Have a good one!!

1 comment:

  1. This rocks! Thanks for another inspiring way to use this stamp set! Pinning it to case later!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...