Monday, March 23, 2015

Nobody Loves Like a Mom

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend.  I spent yesterday afternoon stamping with a fun group of ladies, so my weekend was pretty great!
This week I am hosting my All-occasions Card Buffet, and thought you might like to see some of the projects that will be on offer.  Here is a Mother's Day card...

Mother's Day card featuring the Mother's Love stamp set
I love the colours in the Best Year Ever Sale-a-bration DSP, so I decided to base my colour scheme on it.  I used two different patterns from that DSP package for my background layers.  Beneath those I used a piece of Pool Party Core'dinations card stock (yep, still have some of that kicking around...and you can get it for cheap on the Clearance Rack!) and embossed it using the Happy Heart TIEF.  I sanded it lightly to bring out the lighter coloured core in the paper.  I used half of a Tea Lace Doily to peek out from behind one of the DSP layers...a nice feminine touch for Mom!

The sentiment, from the Mother's Love stamp set, is heat embossed in Pool Party and die-cut using the Ovals Framelits.  I created a heart stencil by punching a scrap piece of card stock with the Sweetheart punch and then used it to create the heart behind the sentiment.  I simply sponged on Blushing Bride ink using the stencil as a guide.  I added one of the buttons from the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack and some (retired) stitched grosgrain ribbon in Blushing Bride.  The little silver glimmer hearts were punched using the Confetti Hearts border punch.


On the inside I heat embossed another of the sentiments from the Mother's Love set in Pool Party and used the same heart stencil from the front with Blushing Bride ink.  I added one more little silver glimmer heart.

I simply love this colour scheme...perfectly soft and feminine and fitting for any loving Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...