Thursday, December 11, 2014

World of Dreams Birthday

Today I have a non-Christmas card that I CASE'd from one I saw on Pinterest.  It is another one of the projects we did at my techniques class this month.  I mentioned earlier this week that I wanted to showcase the off-set stamping technique and different effects that can be achieved with it.  Today I have a 3-D-looking image...

Masculine birthday card featuring the World of Dreams stamp set with sentiment from Petite Pairs
The focal image appears to be three dimensional.  I achieved this look by stamping the image, from the World of Dreams stamp set, first in Chocolate Chip ink on Typeset DSP.  I then stamped the image again with Versamark ink, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the image slightly higher and to the right of the original image.  I then heat embossed using white embossing powder.  To make the image really pop, I added sponging in Pool Party, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip inks.


The sentiment, from the Petite Pairs set,  is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on Kraft card stock.  I used the Banners Framelits to die cut it.  The ribbon on the card is some (retired) 5/8" natural trim.  For the background layer, I simply stamped another of the images from the World of Dreams set using Mossy Meadow ink on Mossy Meadow card stock.  I also sponged the edges lightly in Mossy Meadow ink.  The card front is mounted on a Kraft card base.

  
 
On the inside I stamped the images from the front of the card again in Chocolate Chip and Mossy Meadow inks.  The sentiment, also from Petite Pairs, is stamped in Mossy Meadow.

1 comment:

  1. That card is so beautiful Leena. The blending of the colours is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...