Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Another Sneak Peek...

Yesterday I showed you a sneak peek of a couple of products that will be available for Sale-a-bration this year.  Today I have some items to share from the Occasions catalogue, which goes live on January 6th.  This stamp set and coordinating Thinlits actually made me squeal with delight at the catalogue premiere a couple of weeks ago!  Check it out:

Occasions catalogue sneak peek featuring the Butterfly Basics stamp set and coordinating Butterflies Thinlit dies.
Isn't that gorgeous???  I am in love with these Thinlits!!  I have longed for a detailed, semi-realistic looking butterfly die for ages!  I also love the Butterfly Basics stamp set.  It features 7 images and three sentiments that work beatifully together...and make creating layered collages a breeze.  For this project, which is one of this month's designs for my Blendabilities Club, I chose to use just the single floral image.  I coloured it using the Melon Mambo and Old Olive Blendabilities assortment.  The sentiment, which is also from the Butterfly Basics set, is heat embossed in gold.

The butterfly is die-cut from gold foil paper.  The dies cut quite easily, so long as you follow the instructions on the package insert.  As instructed, I ran the die back and forth through the Big Shot three times so as to ensure the image cut completely.  Using waxed paper layered over the card stock makes popping the butterfly out of the die a piece of cake.

On the inside I stamped another of the sentiments from the Butterfly Basics set in Baked Brown Sugar ink and added a butterfly frame that I punched with the Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...