Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Crazy Month has Begun!

November is a nutty month every year.  It is Christmas card season, report card season and Holiday Concert season all at the same time!  I honestly don't know whether I'm coming or going most days this month.  Last weekend I had a few minutes to sit down and design the projects for my upcoming techniques class next week.  This one features the Alcohol Marker Marbling technique using Blendabilities...

Christmas card featuring Alcohol Marker Marbling Technique and the Letterpress Winter stamp set with sentiment from the More Merry Messages (retired) stamp set.
I was so excited to learn this technique because it not only uses my beloved Blendabilities, but also results in a really gorgeous background.  Here is a closer look:


Rather than try to explain this technique to you, check out the fabulous tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.  I will say that I used all three of the shades in the Coastal Cabana set and the medium and light shades in the Night of Navy set to achieve the effect I did on my project.  The other thing I did differently is I didn't use glossy card stock, but rather good old Whisper White card stock instead.  To get a sheen I spritzed it with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch after the background has dried.  I really like the effect.  I layered the front panel on some Brushed Silver card stock and then adhered the whole thing to a Marina Mist card base.

I heat embossed the snowflakes using white embossing powder.  The sentiment is heat embossed in silver and die cut using the Chalk Talk framelits.  The snowflake accent is die cut using the Snowflake Card Thinlits die from Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper.  I added a large rhinestone jewel in the centre for a little extra sparkle.

Inside view with sentiment from More Merry Messages (retired)
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from More Merry Messages (retired) in Smoky Slate ink and added a couple of small snowflakes in Marina Mist.  I love this technique and will definitely be using it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...