Saturday, July 5, 2014

@Strong&free

Happy day-after-the-4th-of-July/Saturday-after-Canada-Day!  It's time for a new challenge over at The Technique Twist and this time we're all about national pride.  We're using patriotic colours on our projects to show our love for our respective countries.  Since I'm a Canadian my project is all about the red and white and, of course, the maple leaf...

Patriotic card featuring the Magnificent Maple (retired) stamp, Work of Art stamp set and the Alphabet Rotary stamp
Since we don't have a current maple leaf image in the Stampin' Up! catalogue (holding out hope for one in  the Holiday catalogue), I turned to one of my favourite images from last year's Holiday catty...Magnificent Maple.  I heat embossed the leaf image in gold over top of the brush stroke images stamped in Real Red.  To accentuate the gold embossing I matted the front panel on Brushed Gold card stock before mounting it on a Real Red card base.


The sentiment was done using the new Alphabet Rotary stamp...love it...and inked with a Real Red marker.  I added a little gold baker's twine to keep the gold theme going and added a few gold sequins as well.

Inside view with sentiment from the And Many More stamp set
On the inside of the card I stamped another brush stroke image from the Work of Art set, stamping off once to get a lighter shade of red.  I heat embossed in gold the sentiment from the new And Many More set.

I hope you had a chance to celebrate your nation, whether American or Canadian, this week.  We all have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...