Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Work of Art Just for You

So?  Have you got your wishlist from the new catalogue put together yet?  Mine is five pages long...gonna take me a while to get through it!  I did place an order yesterday that put a good dent in it though...can't wait for that box of goodness to arrive!!
In the meantime I'm playing with my pre-order stuff and created this man-card using the new Work of Art set, along with the Serene Silhouettes set:

Masculine card featuring the Work of Art and Serene Silhouettes stamp sets.
For this one I actually used a piece of the new Moonlight DSP to stamp on.  I love the added texture it provides.  The background is stamped using one of the brushstroke stamps and four different shades of blue:  Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo.  The birds are stamped in Basic Black, as is the Just For part of the sentiment.  I stamped You in Island Indigo.

I am of the opinion that every man-card should have some metal on it so I added a couple of mini silver brads, as well as some baker's twine.  The background is Basic Gray card stock that I embossed using the Woodgrain TIEF and I adhered it to an Island Indigo card base.

Inside view with sentiment from the new Something to Say set.
On the inside I stamped the brushstroke again but this time inked it using three shades of blue (Pool Party, Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo), applying the ink with a sponge dauber to get the ombre look.  The sentiment is from the Something to Say set and is stamped in Basic Black.

So much to love about this new set...and I'm just getting started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...