Thursday, June 26, 2014

Something Old, New Borrowed and Blue

Well I got another year older since last you heard from me.  Yesterday was my birthday and it wasn't exactly stress-free.  We had a health scare with my Dad that made for a lot of tense moments on my big day...celebrating wasn't really in the cards.  I'm happy to say that my Dad is ok, but that he'll require follow-up care and close monitoring.  It's so hard when one's elderly parents live almost four hours away!
Anyhow...today I have another of the cards I made for my colleagues at school who are celebrating milestones this year.  This one is another wedding card that features something old, new borrowed and blue...check it out:

Wedding card featuring the Flower Shop and Petite Petals stamp ses with sentiment from Together Forever (retired ).
So here goes: 
  • Old: I used several retired products on this project:  the sentiments are from the long-retired Together Forever set and I used the Lacy Brocade TIEF, which was in the 2012 Holiday catalogue.
  • New:  I used the brand-new In-Colour Lost Lagoon, as well as the Petite Petals stamp set and punch, which are carry-overs from the Occasions catalogue, but are new to the Annual Catalogue.
  • Borrowed:  The silver stretchy elastic cord is borrowed from my gift-wrapping stash!  I love the bit of shimmer it adds without being fussy or bulky.
  • Blue:  Well duh, Lost Lagoon is a gorgeous shade of BLUE!


Once again, it was a challenge to fill the larger 6" x 7" canvas, but by creating the panels and embossing them individually it broke up the larger space quite nicely...something to remember for when you have a large area to fill.
I think my favourite elements on this card are the vellum flowers, which I heat embossed in silver before punching.  Such an easy way to add richness and elegance to any project...when in doubt add bling...and if that's not enough add vellum!

In other news, my new craft room is coming along!  It is at the point where it is usable (I have yet to stamp anything in there yet though), but I want to wait until it is completely finished before I show you.  I have to say it has been a ton of work so far with more to come, but I'm loving the way it is shaping up!  I'm hoping to have it ready to share with you all by the end of next week...we'll see how that goes!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Love those vellum flowers with the stretchy silver cord. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday wishes to you. I'm so glad your dad is doing okay. It's hard to keep an eye on parents when they are so far from you. Hopefully you can skype so you can see for yourself how he is. This is a wonderful wedding card. I love those flowers too and the banners.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...