Monday, June 30, 2014

Fabulous Blooms

Happy Monday...and happy summer!!  I am officially on summer holidays from school...WOOHOO!!  It usually takes me a couple of weeks to truly unwind and stop thinking about my classess and curriculum, but is it ever nice to be able to turn it off for a while.
Today I have another over-sized card I made for one of our departing staff members.  I used the brand-new Flower Patch photopholymer stamp set and coordinating Flower Fair Framelits (try saying that one 5 times fast!).

Thank you card featuring the Flower Patch stamp set with sentiment from Million and One.
I just love this stamp set!  There are so many possible combinations to create beautiful flower images and the fact that the stamps are clear makes layering images a breeze.  In case you want to try layering yourself, here are the colour combinations I used:  Daffodil Delight with Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana with Bermuda Bay, and Strawberry Slush with Rose Red.

I used the starburst image from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set, stamped in Crushed Curry ink, as a background for the sentiment, which is heat embossed in black.  I used the Labels Collection framelits to die cut the label and the black mat behind it.  The flowers were die cut using the Flower Fair Framelits.  The card front is matted on Bermuda Bay and then layered on a Basic Black card base.

I spent tons of time working on my new craft room this weekend!  It is looking fabulous!  I am so excited to finally have my own "sanctuary", as my husband calls it, where everything has a place and I can spread out and create till my heart's content.  I can't wait to share it with you all...it won't be long now ;)

3 comments:

  1. Seriously one of the prettiest and most eye catching cards I've seen with this set. I'm going to have to case it for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...