Saturday, April 12, 2014

Technique Twist Saturday!

It's the second Saturday of the month which means its time for a new challenge over at The Technique Twist!  This time we're not so much about a technique as a style:  Modern Whimsy.  Now, I had no idea what Modern Whimsy was but once I started investigating I discovered it was a style of design that I have always been drawn to.  I'm so excited to share my first attempt with you...check it out:

Baby card in the Modern Whimsy style featuring the Cuddles and Kisses stamp set.
Isn't that fun?  I had such fun putting this together...here's how I did it:
  • I started with a piece of silver Fancy Foil Designer Vellum that I cut just 1/8" smaller than my 4"x5-1/4" piece of Smokey Slate card stock.
  • I added half of a tea lace doily
  • Then I added a 2"x4" banner cut from Blushing Bride DSP from the Subtles stack.
  • The scalloped heart is die cut from Blushing Bride card stock using the Hearts A-flutter Framelits and embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots TIEF.
  • The DSP heart is punched from Eastern Elegance DSP using the Full Heart punch
  • The sentiment is stamped in Smokey Slate, punched and then resized with the Modern Label punch.  
  • The die cut LOVE is done in Strawberry Slush card stock using the Expressions Thinlits
  • The little sparkly hearts are punched with the Owl Builder punch

On the inside I stamped the sentiments from the Cuddles and Kisses stamp set in Smokey Slate and Strawberry Slush and added a couple more sparkly hearts, punched with the Owl Builder and Small Heart punches.


I really love the light, airy look of this style of design.  I plan to play with it some more this weekend...be sure to stop by next week to see what I come up with!  In the meantime, be sure to check out what the other members of the Twisted Design Team did and be sure have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...