Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Bokeh Butterfly

Happy Hump Day...half way to the weekend...woohoo!  Today I have another project I did using the Bokeh technique...

Encouragement card featuring the Bokeh Technique using stamped images from the Best of Butterflies and Really Good Greetings stamp sets.
Oh, how I love this technique!  This is another project we are doing at my monthly techniques group tomorrow night.  I can't wait!  I think my ladies are going to love this look.  Here is how I did it:
  • Using sponge daubers I stamped the larger, coloured circles using Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Pistachio Pudding, Soft Sky and Crisp Cantaloupe ink.  I stamped each colour several times without reinking to get the depth and layering.
  • Using the clean eraser on a brand new pencil I stamped using Silver Metallic Encore ink to create the smaller circles.  The key again is to stamp several times without reinking and to overlap the circles.
  • The butterfly is stamped on vellum in Staz On and then coloured using So Saffron and Blushing Bride markers.  I adhered the butterfly stamped-side-down to soften the starkness of the black ink.
  • The sentiment is heat embossed in silver.
  • I matted the front panel on Brushed Silver card stock before mounting the whole thing on a Soft Sky card base.
 If you're like I was and haven't tried this technique before I would encourage you to give it a go...you might just like it as much as I do!  Be sure to check out the Design Team samples at The Technique Twist for more inspiration and then link up your creation so we can  all see what you came up with.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.angelswhostamp.lynn@yahoo.comOctober 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM

    Very pretty!. I haven't tried this technique yet - and it makes me want to head for my craft room and try this for myself! it looks very do-able for my stamp club members and I know they'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Can't wait to make this tomorrow night. Love your techniques class!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did this, so sweet and I toooooo am wanting to make one and hoping it turns out as yours did.--DonnaJeanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...