Wednesday, September 18, 2013

More Twisted Faux Patina

Today I have another card I did for this week's Faux Patina challenge at The Technique Twist.  Check it out...

Thank you card featuring the Faux Patina technique and using the Wonderful Wreath stamp and the Seasonal Sayings stamp set.
For this one I wanted to get a more rusted look, so I changed up my colour choices for the Faux Patina.  Here is what I did:
  • I inked the smooth side of my Beautifully Baroque TIEF with my Crumb Cake ink pad and ran a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock through.  Then I sponged the entire surface with (in this order) Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke and Early Espresso ink.  I then lightly brushed the panel with my Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  
  • I cut the Faux Patina panel into four after completing the technique.  (Use the Rotary attachment for your Stampin' Trimmer...you'll get a perfect cut!)
  • I inked the wreath in Crushed Curry and then daubed the outer and inner edges with Cajun Craze.  I stamped it on Very Vanilla and then die cut it using the Circles Collection Framelits.
  • The sentiment is heat embossed in Early Espresso.
  • The kinky twine is pulled from a strip of the 1-1/4" burlap ribbon.  It is a nice, bulkier alternative to Linen Thread.
If you haven't already done so, be sure to check out The Technique Twist blog for more great takes on Faux Patina from our design team!

2 comments:

  1. The patina is really pretty in those colors. I've only seen it in greens and blues. Great fall card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...