Friday, May 10, 2013

The end of a Crazy Week!

TGIF!!  I am SOOO glad it is Friday!  This week has been nutso!  I've been out every night and worked during the day...which means no stamping fun and no projects to show you!  My new catty pre-order arrived last week and I've barely done more than take it out of the box!  I am so overdue for some stamping time. 
Today I want to show you a card I designed for a workshop I did last Sunday.  It features, once again, one of my favourite retiring stamp sets...have a look:

Any-occasion card featuring the Circle Circus and Papillon Potpouri stamp sets with sentiment from Petite Pairs
This is a super-simple card to put together...perfect for a workshop situation.  I started by embossing the scalloped edge pattern on the card base with my Needlepoint Border TIEF.  Then I stamped the various circles using the following colours:  Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight and Lucky Limeade.  On a scrap of Whisper White, I stamped the butterfly from Papillon Potpouri using Lucky Limeade ink and punched it out using the Bitty Butterfly punch.  I layered that on an Elegant Butterfly punch in Lucky Limeade.  On another bit of scrap I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black ink and punched it out with my 1-1/4" circle punch.  I layered it on a Melon Mambo 1-3/8" circle.  Both the sentiment and the butterfly are adhered to the card with dimensionals.  The last touch was to add some bling to the butterfly with a few rhinestone basic gems.  Easy-peasy but such a happy card! 
Here's a quick look at the inside:

Inside view
I hope you've got great plans for the weekend...and maybe something special in-store if you're a Mom or mom-to-be on Sunday.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! This stamp set is so versatile and just love the many cards you've made with it. Every one looks so different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I love the great use of color in this card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...