Tuesday, May 14, 2013

More Sketch Inspiration and a Sneak Peek!

Today I have another sample for this month's sketch inspiration...but first a spoiler alert!  This card uses lots of products from the upcoming 2013-14 Annual Catalogue.  Firstly, the sketch:



...and today's project:

Birthday Card featuring the soon-to-be-released Label Love stamp set (which has a coordinating punch...yahoo!), as well as the new Soho Subway DSP.
Close up view...see the little flower?  I made that with the new Simply Pressed Clay and molds!!  SO AWESOME!!

I warned you there was a ton of new product on this one!  I started with the Soho Subway DSP...so many fantastic patterns and a wonderful fresh, vintage colour pallette.  The pallette includes one of my favourite returing In-colours in the Colour Refresh:  Blushing Bride.  I used the Honey Comb TIEF for the background, which I sponged with Crumb Cake.  I added some Washi Tape from the This and That collection...rapidly becoming addicted to that stuff...for the horizontal element.  The label is from the new Label Love stamp set, which I stamped in Early Espresso and punched out with the new Artisan Label punch.  My favourite new product is the Simply Pressed clay, which I used to make the little pink flower.  The clay comes plain white but is so easy to colour with Stampin' Write markers, once the clay has been molded and dried.  This card was one of the Make-n-Takes at my Tri-City Stampers meeting this month...and they all got to leave with some clay flowers.  So much fun....I love new catty time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...