Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lots to show you!

I have lots to show you today!  Firstly, yesterday I promised I would show you the birthday invitations my son and I made for his upcoming 6th birthday party.  He wants a Mario theme!  So, here are the invitations we made, based on a design I found on Pinterest:

Punch Art Mario Birthday Invitation


Fun, huh?  Now before I get a zillion questions about the how-to, here is the list of punches and dies I used to create Mario's face:

Hat brim:  3rd smallest oval in the Ovals Collection Framelits
White Circle on hat:  1-1/4" circle punch (M is from the retired Billboard decorative strip die)
Eyes:  White XL oval punch, blue L oval punch, black small oval punch (retired)
Nose:  XL oval punch
Moustache:  1-3/4" circle cut in half and 1-1/4" circle cut in half - run all through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain TIEF

The key to good looking punch art is sponging!  Sponging all of the pieces gives the design depth.  I also added a wee highlight to Mario's eyes with my white gel pen which really brings him to life.  Max was thrilled with these and, so far his friends are excited to attend his party too!  Now for the hard part...figuring out how to entertain 15 5-year olds for two hours!!

Now, I'm a bit behind posting this week's projects from Craft Project Central, so here are two fantastic designs for you.  The first is by Amanda Corbett:

Patterned Posies Gift Set designed by Amanda Corbett
The second, just in time for Easter, is from Heidi King:

Hoppy Spring Treats and Place Setting Ensemble designed by Heidi King
Both of these fantastic projects are available with a March subscription to Craft Project Central. 

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Awesome invitations Leena! You always amaze me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable birthday invite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for displaying your Mario card! My grandson is celebrating his 5th birthday and wanted a Mario Cart theme for his party. I couldn’t help but CASE your card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...