Monday, October 22, 2012

CASE'ing Again!

Happy Monday everyone!  I can't believe another weekend is in the books...and that we're in the last full week of October!!  Where does the time go?  As a kid, I always used to roll my eyes when my Mom commented on how quickly time passes as you get older, but now I know exactly what she was talking about!  I spent my Sunday prepping for my classes this week.  Today I want to show you a card I made for my Christmas Card Buffet, coming up next weekend.  It is a CASE of a card my upline, Jamilla Ivits,  designed to showcase the Festival of Prints DSP stack.  Her original card used a stamp set I don't own, so I changed it up a bit to use the Ornament Keepsakes set that is part of  this month's promotion :

Festive Holiday card for FM81 featuring the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set, Festival of Prints DSP and sentiment from More Merry Messages.
Pretty, eh?  I love that the design uses narrow strips of different patterns of the DSP so you can get TONS of mileage from just one sheet.  I also love the little hints of bling with the scalloped strip of Champagne Glimmer paper and the green Glimmer brad.  Just enough to add sparkle without being overwhelming.  Now, it just so happens that this card also works for this week's challenge over at Friday Mashup.  It has been AGES since I've had time to participate in a challenge, which makes me a little sad because I LOVE them!  I'm so pleased that this week's challenge worked with what I HAD to get done!  If you have time, stop by the Mashup and check out what the designers did with this fun challenge!

1 comment:

  1. I love this card. The ornament and bow look fantastic. That Festival of Prints DSP is a real treasure, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...