Thursday, August 30, 2012

Vintage Ornaments

Today's project is one I created just for the fun of it.  How often do I get to do that???  It's pretty rare these days!  I based the layout on this week's sketch challenge over at The Paper Players.  Here's the sketch:

And here is my just-for-fun card:

Vintage Christmas Card for PP110 featuring the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set with sentiment from More Merry Messages.
Inside View
Pretty, huh?  I have to say I haven't played with the Candlelight Christmas DSP much, but I really like the way it works on this card.  I also simply adore the Core'dinations card stock...where has it been all my life?!?  It adds such lovely, subtle texture to any project I use it on.  To stamp the ornaments, I first inked the stamp with the base colour (Real Red for the large ornament and Lucky Limeade for the smaller ones) and then added Early Espresso around the edges with a sponge dauber.  The result is dimension and the look of a soft, aged patina on each ornament.  I popped up the large ornament with dimensionals and then doublde up the dimensionals for the two smaller ornaments.  This really was a simple card to put together but I just love the result!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Leena! Love the combo of the DSP and Core'dinations papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Love the scroll sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Leena. I love that Ornament Keepsake bundle it's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty---love this set, especially what you did with it on the inside! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love how you added the espresso on the edges. Great way to pull in the color from the paper and give it an aged look. GREAT job! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leena, the new cardstock was perfect with your card. It really does complement the DSP beautifully. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you used the ornaments as the focal center! It's quite stunning. Glad you joined The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...