Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A New Spin

First off, I must apologize for my late post today...last night was a "campout" night for Max and I.  He has been wanting to campout in our backyard all summer and, after two previous failed attempts last night was the night.  I was out at a meeting until 9:30, came home and headed out to the tent.  Not an especially restful night, to say the least!  I miss camping in the wilderness with no noise but the crickets and the occasional loon from the lake.  Last night it was all about the trains, planes, automobiles and...garbage trucks.  Note to self:  DO NOT attempt to campout on garbage night!
Anyhow...on to some stamping!  Today's project is another one I designed for an upcoming class.  It is a new spin on the Faux Wax Seal and Faux Metal techniques.  I'm calling this a "Faux Fossil".  You'll see what I mean...

Masculine card featuring the French Foliage stamp set with sentiment from Tiny Tags
Cool, eh?  To create the leaf I began by pouring some gold embossing powder on a scrap of brushed gold card stock.  I then heated it from beneath until it melted into a pool.  I quickly laid the leaf stamp in the pool of melted powder and left it there until the pool hardened.  When I pulled off the stamp I was left with the imprint of the image.  I then tore the image out of the scrap paper and inked the edges with Early Espresso ink.  Quick and easy and pretty darned cool.  The background is the new Core'dinations card stock that I ran through my woodgrain TIEF and then sanded.  The rest of this card is pretty straightforward with the Always Artichoke mat and card base in Crumb Cake.  I left the inside blank, but I'm thinking I might do something like "Happy Birthday (you old fossil you!)" or something to that effect.  Of course I would have to be sure the recipient had a sense of humor!!
On another note, don't forget to enter my draw for a free month's subscription to Craft Project Central.  Just leave a comment on any (or every!) post dated August 5th - 12th.  I will draw one winner and announce it on the 13th.  Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Faux Fossil - uber cool! That's a technique I'd love to see in person/try myself!!

    You're an awesome mom camping in the backyard with Max and it sounds like you might need a nap. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool! Love this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...