Friday, August 10, 2012

A Bit Over the Top

Today's project is one that I most certainly wouldn't do in a class or workshop, but really like none-the-less.  It is a wee bit too involved to do in a class setting but sometimes it's fun to just allow yourself to go a little embellishment happy.  Have a look and you'll see what I mean...

Over-the-top Christmas card featuring the Evergreen stamp set.

Inside View with sentiment from Greetings of the Season
Soooo...I kinda went a little crazy with the pearls.  I just couldn't stop!  Now, looking at it again, I probably should have...they are a bit much!  There are a couple of things I do love about this card, though. Firstly, the music background.  It is from the Natural Compositions specialty paper pack.  The images come clear-embossed on a neutral brown background.  I just sponged Cherry Cobbler ink all over to make the notes pop off the page...they almost look like they're embossed in gold!  Very cool and so easy!  The other element I love is the new scalloped tulle ribbon.  Here I used the Crumb Cake version, but it is also available in Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso.  So soft and pretty...it adds a truly unique element to any design.  Of course I also love the Evergreen stamp set.  I just can't get enough of that set...you'll most definitely be seeing more of it in the coming months.

Now a couple of reminders...
Firstly, don't forget to enter my monthly draw for a free month's subscription to Craft Project Central.  Just leave a comment on any post dated August 5th -12th.  I will announce one lucky winner here on the 13th.

Secondly, there is just one more week to register for my Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Camp coming up at the end of the month.  In case you missed it, here is a photo of the projects we'll be making:

Register by August 16th.  Don't be disappointed!
All of the details for this event are listed HERE.  Be sure to get in before the deadline...you won't want to miss this event!

1 comment:

  1. I was so sure you embossed in gold - can you tell I look at the pic first then read. :D Hats off to you! Spectacular card Leena!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...