Sunday, April 15, 2012

Going, going, gone!

Click HERE to view the online PDF of the list of retiring stamp sets.  Then get shopping to order those sets you want before May 31st!
With the approach of the launch of the new Annual Catalogue each year, Stampin' Up! must make the difficult decision to retire several beloved stamp sets to make way for new and exciting products.  Today, SU released the list of retiring stamp sets from the 2011/12 catalogue.  The list is a little longer than in past years because of the change in the catalogue system.  While it is always sad to have to say good-bye, it is also very exciting because I know there will be even better NEW designs to come!  I plan to spend my afternoon pulling retiring sets from my collection and rearranging those that remain in anticipation of my new additions.

One of the sets that is retiring is Inspired by Nature (111656).  This beautiful set is one I have had for quite some time but don't often use!  I did pull it out last week as I was preparing for my monthly techniques class, as it lends itself very well to the chalkboard technique.  Have a look...

Birthday card featuring the Chalkboard technique using the Inspired by Nature stamp set and sentiment from Apothecary Art.

It was fun to pull out my chalks for a change!  I haven't used them in ages, so I had a great time colouring those beautiful flowers.  For those of you who aren't familiar with this technique, here is a quick how-to:
Start by stamping the flower image using white CRAFT ink on basic black cardstock.  Allow the ink to dry completely or use your heat tool to speed it along (that's what we did at my class, as we didn't have time to wait for it to dry on its own!).  Using Stampin' Pastels (120692) and a cotton swab, apply colour to the stamped image as desired.  For this card I used more mustard for the centres of the flowers, pretty in pink, perfect plum and elegant eggplant for the petals and then wild wasabi and garden green for the stems.  The result is a cool, luminous effect that appears to glow.  Such a fun technique...I can't wait to see what new stamp sets will appear in the upcoming catalogue that lend themselves to this technique!  In the meantime, if you like this set be sure to order it before May 31st...after then it will be gone for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...