Friday, April 27, 2012

Farewell Fancy Fan

Another line of products that found it's way on to the retiring list this week was the Letter Press Plates for the Big Shot.  So, as a tribute to the Fancy Fan plate, and to the retiring In-Colours, I designed this dramatic card.

Any-occasion card featuring the Fancy Fan Letter Press plate, the Summer Solstice (not retiring!) stamp set with sentiment from Fifth Avenue Floral.

I have to say I am going to really miss Poppy Parade and Concord Crush.  They are such rich, saturated colours and are so striking when paired together!  Here is how I put this card together...
Starting with a piece of concord crush card stock, I ran it through my Big Shot using the Fancy Fan Letter Press Plate that had been inked with Versamark.  I then covered the entire surface of the card stock with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.  The result is stunning!  Gluing that to a mat of poppy parade card stock, I then stamped the flower image in black Staz-On on watercolour paper.  Masking the flower, I then stamped the leaves.  Removing the mask, I coloured the stamped images using my poppy parade, more mustard and lucky limeade markers.  I had originally planned to watercolour the image, but wanted the rich, vibrant colour afforded by the markers.  After colouring the image, I then fussy cut it out.  I adhered some leftover Sale-a-bration ribbon in lucky limeade to the card front, adhered the flower with dimensionals and then tied a double bow and adhered it with a glue dot.  The sentiment is stamped in concord crush on very vanilla card stock and then punched out with the decorative label punch.  The entire card front is adhered to a concord crush card base.  Simple and elegant...how I'll miss these products!  However, I KNOW the new catalogue will be chock full of fabulous new items that will make me forget all about them!  May 7th (the date that we demonstrators get to see the online version of the new catty) can't come soon enough!!  Are you itching to get your hands on the new catty?  If so I can have one mailed to you FOR FREE!!  Just drop me an email with your mailing info and I would be happy to have one sent out to you before it goes live.  That way you can make your wish list and be ready to order come June 1st.
On another note...there are only three days left to order from the Occasions Mini!  If you still have items on your wishlist from the best mini catalogue ever, you had better get to ordering.  The last day to order is April 30th.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...