Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bright Hopes for Christmas

Tonight my Christmas Club meets and before they arrive I thought I'd do a quick post to show you one of the projects we'll be doing.
Holiday card using the Bright Hopes set from the Holiday mini
I also used this card for a Stamp-A-Stack I did for a large group of 12 ladies on Saturday.  It is simple and comes together quite easily, yet is rather elegant...a perfect SAS project!
I'm not sure if you can tell in the photo, but I used the Fancy Fan letterpress plate to give my real red background a hint of texture.  I embossed the tree image using the pewter embossing powder...it truly is my new go-to favourite for heat embossing.  The cardbase is very vanilla which I preferred over whisper white as it adds a level of richness without the stark contrast that whisper white would give.  For my SAS tonight I am actually using very vanilla ribbon instead of the old olive...I ran out of old olive after my big class on Saturday!  It actually does look just as elegant with the vanilla satin ribbon.  I hope my Christmas Club folks like this one as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. Great CAS card Leena!
    I love the traditional colours and the elegant design!
    Love the ribbon treatment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and striking in it's simplicity, Leena! I'm sure the Very Vanilla ribbon will look great too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...