Sunday, October 30, 2011

Another Quiet Sunday...

...that's two in a row!  I feel spoiled.  Today marks the second Sunday in a row that I've been able to spend with my family.  We are heading to church and then this afternoon its all about the pumpkin carving!  Max is super excited about Halloween this year...a huge switch from the boy who wouldn't even put on a costume last year!  Of course, it helps that his pre-school has been hyping Halloween since the beginning of October.  He is dressing as Mario (appropriate since his life is all about Mario Galaxy for the  Wii these days) and he sure looks cute in that big black mustache!  I'll post photos of his big night on Tuesday. 
In the meantime I have another project I designed for the mega-Stamp-A-Stack  I did last weekend.  See what you think...
Cute, vintage-inspired Christmas card using the Snow Much Fun set with sentiment from Petite Pairs

Inside view
Now, I am not generally a "cute" Christmas kinda gal.  I love all things vintage and my home is decorated in a Victorian style during the holidays.  But I have to say that this set has really grown on me.  If I have to do a cutesy Christmas card this is my go-to choice.  I was faced with a challenge on this card, in that I couldn't have 12 ladies all colouring their snowmen at the same time, so I had to design a card that didn't require colouring!  I stamped the snowmen in early espresso on crumb cake cardstock...and I quite like the look!  With a bit of distressing and some sponging one of the ladies commented that it almost looked like leather!  The rest of the card is pretty straightforward.  The colours I used are always artichoke and riding hood red.  I used the snowburst embossing folder on the cardbase and added the little ribbon treatment with some of those cute little mini jingle bells to finish it off.  The ladies at my SAS really like this card and I do too...I surprised even myself!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...