Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Simple Sympathy

Recently a colleague at school lost her dad.  It is so hard to know  what to say to someone who loses someone they love and so I let my card do my talking for me.  Here is the one I sent her:
Sympathy card for a colleague using the Sweet Floral background stamp and the sentiment from Thanks For Caring (retired) set.

Inside of card using sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers set.
This is one of many of the new background stamps that I fell in love with on seeing the new catalogue.  It is so detailed and such a beautiful image I just HAD to own it!  Ironically, this is the first time I've used it!  It was another victim of "Too-Many-New-Stamps-All-At-Once" syndrome.  I am so glad that I did finally pull it out because it really is a beautiful image.  I stamped it in concord crush on wisteria wonder cardstock, sponged the edges and then layered it on always artichoke.  Those three colours compliment eachother so nicely!  The sentiment is embossed using the new pewter embossing powder from the Holiday Mini.  If you haven't tried this stuff yet you MUST!  It can look silver or gold depending on what colours you surround it with.  On this card it has a more golden tinge.  The sentiment on the inside is from Thoughts and Prayers and is again stamped in concord crush but this time on very vanilla.  I stamped a portion of the floral image again, stamping off first to give a faded look.  This simple card meant a great deal to its recipient which in turn meant a great deal to me.  That is what I love most about this hobby:  being able to create something beautiful to make someone else feel special.

1 comment:

  1. Leena a truly beautiful card. The colour combo is so peaceful and the flowers are very rich looking. I'm sure your friend understood your feelings when she received this wonderful card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...