Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stormy Weather!

WOW!  Did we ever have a storm last night!  The lightening was incredible...it looked like a strobe light, there was so much of it.  On the news this morning they said there were 1000 lightening strikes every 2 minutes in southern Ontario during the height of the storm!  That's a lot of electricity flying around and, since our hydro kept flashing of and on, I didn't want to take the chance of turning on my computer to do a blog post.  Sorry if you missed me!  Today I have another Christmas card for you.  This is one that I did while I was away up north last week.  If you recall, I was really struggling to come up with something I loved...this card is just ok, in my books, but you might love it...so here you go!

Holiday card using Scenic Season set with sentiment from Contempo Christmas
One thing I DO like about this card is the colour scheme:  soft suede and cherry cobbler are just yummy together!  I also like the Mocha Morning DSP for holiday cards...you'll see more of that in the coming months.  What I did discover is that when using the new Dazzling Details product (in the new Holiday Mini), it is necessary to let the ink dry throughly before applying the Dazzling Details.  Otherwise the ink runs and you end up with what I did:  sparkly brown snow!  I was a wee bit disappointed with that...I was hoping for a nice glittery effect to balance that sparkly glimmer paper accent.  Ah well, live and learn, no?  This way I can warn all of you and save you from the same frustration!!
On another note, tonight is the first meeting of my Christmas Club.  I am so excited to show everyone some of the new products from the Holiday Mini...I know they're going to love them!  We are going to be busy making 12 cards, so it will be a stampingly crazy night!  Can't wait!!  If you'd like to get in on the action, you can join for the last three installments in September through November.  Check out my Events tab at the top of this page for additional information.

1 comment:

  1. I do love this card! Thanks for sharing. I think it's beautiful. And I'm glad you survived that crazy storm. I live in Alberta, but I heard about it from my family there. Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...