Monday, July 4, 2011

Up to my eyeballs...

...in convention swaps!!!  That's where I've been all weekend, in case you were wondering!  I was finally able to get going on making the 200 swap cards for the 4 organized swaps I am signed up to participate in!  I think I should be able to get them all done but I don't know if I'll get to make any cards for general swapping.  I'll do my darndest, though!  I may even bring some supplies along to stamp some cards in my hotel room!  I did take a bit of a break from mass-production this morning to put together a card for this week's challenge over at A La Card Monkey.  Here is the sketch:


...and here is my almost-naked card!
Card for Monkey63 using the Sunny Fun set from the the Summer Mini

Close up of the paper-pieced frozen treats with Crystal Effects added to make them look almost-edible.

I could leave this card without some kind of embellishment, so I chose to add a kiss and a hug (x and o) using some Itty Bitty Clear Buttons and a bit of bakers twine.

Yeesh...not sure what happened to the colour on this one!  This is the inside of the card (supposed to be chocolate chip with melon mambo and pretty in pink!!)

So in addition to the sketch, the challenge was to  create a card showing one of our favourite summer activities.  Is it any surprise I chose ice cream?!?  It is by far one of my very favourite things about summer and the frozen treats on this card look yummy enough to eat, no?  I upped the yum-factor by paper-piecing each image and then added a layer of Crystal Effects to really make 'em pop.  Yu-um...I think I need to go fine me some of my new fav mango ice cream!  Let me know if you have any questions about how I put together this simple card...I'll be in the kitchen...

4 comments:

  1. Those treats look yummy. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job on the ice cream - it looks good enough to eat! I like your card. You did a great job with our A La Card Monkey sketch!

    Thanks,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike! I too thought of icecream when I thought of summer! Lovely card. I love the colours and the use of the crystal effects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I choose ice Cream too... lol. Super cute card! Thanks for hangin with us at A La Card Monkey.

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...