Thursday, July 21, 2011

Time for something new...

Don't you just hate it when you have all kinds of new stampin' goodies sitting waiting to be unpacked and used and you just can't seem to find the time to get to them?  That's how this week has felt!  I have so many wonderful new products sitting in my stamping corner but I just have so much to catch up on from being away at convention last week, there aren't enough hours left in the day for stamping!  Today was supposed to be my day to FINALLY get to play but alas, our nanny is sick and I was on full-time mommy duty all day.  (I know, most of you are saying "Suck it up, buttercup!  Welcome to reality!").  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with my son...I just SOOOOO wanted to get some stamping done!  The sense of urgency is even greater as we are away all day tomorrow and our nanny starts two weeks of holidays on Monday.  That means NO stamping time for mommy!  Its like needing a drink of water, being able to see a nice frosty glass, but not being able to take a sip...torture!  I think I see some late-night stamping in my future!
This evening I got started on designing the Save-The-Date cards for my SIL's baby shower.  She is due in early September (feel sorry for her in this heat without A/C!) and folks have been asking about a shower.  We (she) decided she would rather wait until after the baby is born so that they know whether it is a boy or girl and can register for gender-appropriate items.  I decided to do Save-the-date cards to just let everybody know we haven't dropped the baby shower ball.  See what you think...
Baby shower Save-the-date cards and coordinating envelopes using the Bringing Baby a la carte stamp


Close-up of the adorable stamped image

Envelope faux-seal
I have to say that the minute I saw the Bringing Baby stamp in the new catty, I knew I wanted to use it for my SIL's shower.  I just LOVE that image...it is SO retro!  I actually had similar images all over my bedroom walls as a child.  The colour scheme I chose was based on the bedding my SIL has chosen for the nursery.  Here is a photo:
Given that we don't know whether she is having a boy or girl we needed to keep it fairly gender-neutral.  I chose the combination of Pool Party and Calypso Coral with just a hint of Island Indigo as an accent.  I did the text in Microsoft Publisher and using the RGB codes from My Digital Studio to ensure the colours of the text matched the inks I used exactly.  The base is one of the Note Cards from the catty...a great, economical option for smaller-sized cards and envelopes (just $7.50 for 20 cards & envelopes!).  Since my sister-in-law is a clean-and-simple kinda gal, I kept the embellishments to a minimum...just a little pool party ruffled ribbon and a calypso coral polka dotted brad.  I coloured the image using my aquapainter and ink pads...so easy to do!
I really hope my SIL likes these...she hasn't seem them yet and I've already got 10 done!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know about your SIL, but I think they ROCK! Very CAS, great job!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...