Saturday, July 9, 2011

They're Done!!!!!!

FINALLY...I finished all of my swaps for convention!  I even did a couple dozen general swaps to help pass the time while I'm standing in all those wonderful line-ups!  I feel SO much better and now finally feel like I can start to get excited about going to convention.  Now if only my open house order would arrive, life would be perfect!  The card I have for you tonight is one I did for a Christmas WOW swap.  It also happens to work for this week's challenge at A La Card Monkey.  I don't quite know how that happened because I didn't really look at the sketch, just that it was a "Christmas in July" challenge.  I must have subliminally picked up on the sketch though...you'll see what I mean in a minute!  Here is the sketch...

...and here is my card:
Christmas card for Monkey 64 and Convention WOW Christmas swap using the Bells and Boughs stamp set.
See what I mean about the sketch?!?  I totally did not look at the sketch, but there you have it...the card I designed follows the sketch almost exactly!  Doo-doo, doo-doo (that's me humming the twilight zone theme).
Anyhow...I hope my fellow swappers in SLC like it!  I used champagne mist shimmer paint to stamp the focal image.  It gives a lovely, soft, sparkly effect, not entirely visible in the photo.  I have to say I'm loving the lace ribbon border punch!  Such a quick and easy way to add the WOW factor to a project!  The rest of this card is pretty self-explanatory...let me know if you have questions and I'll be happy to answer 'em for you!  I'm off to bed now...have to be up early to send my little guy off to a week at Grammy's house...sniff, sniff...I won't miss him a bit...sniff, sniff...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you picked up on the subliminal message I sent! Good job with finishing your swaps. I hope you have a fabulous time at convention! I like the punch and embossing details of your card the most.

    Hugs,

    Terry
    A La Card Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty card. Glad you had time to play along at a la card monkey this week. Enjoy the convention.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...